The Act for Kids was first established in the year 1988 and it was then referred to as the Child Abuse Trust. In the year 2008, that is exactly 20 years after it had been established, the name was changed from the Child Abuse Trust and the current name Act for Kids was adopted. This was to give a broader and wider perspective to the numerous activities that it had been performing for so many years on behalf of kids in the community.
- To see to it that child neglect is prevented everywhere within the community
- To see to it that child abuse is totally abhorred by each and every member of the community
- The things that are valued most by Act for Kids include;
- To see to the creation of an environment where all kids get the chance to live in an environment that is safe from all forms of child abuse and child neglect
- To create an environment that ensures that all children get to enjoy a happy childhood
The Act for Kids Team
The Act for Kids has a group of very highly self motivated and dedicated professionals who see to it that all the various activities of the Act for Kids Charity Organization are properly and well executed to achieve all of its stated goals.
- Securing better medical and emotional treatment for every child who falls victim to either child abuse or child neglect
- Putting in place measures that help prevent the subjection of children to all forms of child abuse
- Helping to create a society where no child is neglected by the parents
- To ensure that each and every vulnerable child maximum protection and care in the society
Fundraising for the Act for Kids Charity Organization
As the Chief Executive Officer for Act for Kids Charity Organization, Dr Neil Carrington, rightly said, "What we have been able to achieve as a charity organization would not be possible without your support." This goes on to show that Act for Kids Charity Organization is entirely funded by the people within the various communities. There are however different funding activities through which Act for Kids Charity Organization raises the much needed financial resources to help achieve all the goals and targets of the organization as seen in the vision of Act for Kids Charity Organization. These activities include the following;
- Online fundraising
- Donation Boxes
- Donations made in order to partake in certain organized playful activities
Attending an Event
Through the attending of certain events, valuable donations are made to the Act for Kids Charity Organization to help it in running its numerous services to all kids in need of such support. Some of the events that are organized to help raise funds for the Act for Kids Charity Organization include;
- The Act for Kids Gala Ball
- The 2015, Rotary Charity Ball
- The Diamond and Pearls Gala Luncheon
Volunteer activities are activities that are undertaken by all volunteers of Act for Kids Charity Organization to help raise funds to support all the abused and neglected children in the community. Some of the volunteer activities that are mostly undertaken by volunteers are;
- The sub for a cause day and
- The CMC Rocks Queensland, 2015
This involves people volunteering to undertake activities that are geared towards raising funds for the kids in the society who are abused and neglected. The main activities of volunteers include;
- Handing out of Act for Kids brochures to people who demand for it
- Telling people about what the Act for Kids Charity Organization is really about
- Collecting money for every Act for Kids souvenir sold
- Saying thank you to everyone who shows an interest in giving a helping hand to the Act for Kids Charity Organization
Those are the major activities that all volunteers are required to perform.
Corporate sponsorship (Sponsorship from businesses)
This may take the form of the following;
- Corporate Partnership: This is where business organizations enter into partnership with the Act for Kids Charity Organization in order to ensure that each partner derives some form of benefits from such partnerships
- Corporate Matching: This is the situation where an organization decides to match all the donations made by its workers towards the good cause of the Act for Kids Charity Organization
- Corporate fundraising
- Corporate volunteering
Act for Kids Platinum Class Lottery
Here, the Act for Kids Platinum Class Lottery tickets is sold to the general public. Whilst the purchasing of the Act for Kids Platinum Class Lottery ticket gives you, the individual, the possibility of winning either the first prize an elegant and sleek car or any of the other numerous prizes available, part of the money generated from the sales of the Act for Kids Platinum Class Lottery tickets is used to support the various important activities of the Act for Kids Charity Organization financially. This means that you do two very important things with every ticket that you buy from the Act for Kids Platinum Class Lottery. Every individual who decides to purchase a lottery tickets for the Act for Kids Platinum Class Lottery draw indirectly donates towards the cause of providing for all kids who are at a point in time subjected to various forms of child abuse and child neglect from both their parents and other members of the community.
Through the various services provided by the Act for Kids Charity Organization, a lot of kids have been provided with a safe and child sustaining environment which aids such abused and neglected children to have the opportunity of growing and developing in confidence without having to always look over their shoulders.
Support a good cause like the Act for Kids Charity Organization and join us in ensuring that each and every child within the various communities are guaranteed of a safer, better and a more friendlier environment for them to grow.
Just us our homepage banner heading says, "Help us take away a Child's monster with just a dollar a day!