Who we are
CanTeen is a charity organisation that became formally operational in the year 1985. It is an organisation that was purposely formed to see to it that each and every young person who is diagnosed with cancer gets provided with medically proven support services in order to help ease the effects that such conditions have on a person.
What is the vision of CanTeen?
The vision of CanTeen is to see to it that each and every young person who has cancer is provided with services that are aimed at making them to experience love, care and concern in their condition.
What is the mission of CanTeen?
The mission of CanTeen is to provide people who have been diagnosed as having cancer with the best and appropriate support services so that they would not feel isolated by all.
What are the values of the CanTeen?
The following are the values that guide the conduct of each and every person at CanTeen;
- Unqualified support
- Building of a unified community in caring for people with caner
What services are provided by CanTeen?
CanTeen has been providing a number of unique services to people who have been diagnosed with cancer and they include;
- The provision of counselling services
- The provision of supportive services
- The provision of library services
- The provision cancer support for the young ones
- The provision of individualised supportive services
- The provision of other vital supportive services
The CanTeen also provides a variety of supportive services that are aimed at helping those who might have lost a loved one to cancer. These services also have to do with counselling and providing financial support to those families in order to help them pass through such a period without any lasting negative effects on their lives.
These services are rendered to people who have been diagnosed as having cancer with the aim of supporting them both emotionally and physically in their battle against the sickness. More often than not cancer patients are left in isolation as they battle for their dear lives. This is something that has a very telling impact on the lives of such people as they begin to despair in their isolation making it very difficult for them to respond properly to treatment. CanTeen therefore provides its services with the sole aim of helping to ensure that those who have cancer are not allowed to feel dejected and abandoned.
How can you get involved with the work of CanTeen?
As elaborated earlier that CanTeen depends mostly on the support that it gets from the people who live in the various communities, it has some ways which have been made for those who are willing to provide assistance to the organisation. These ways include the following;
- Participating in any of the fundraising activities organised by CanTeen
- Making of donations to CanTeen
- Providing sponsorship to CanTeen
- Organising your personal fundraising event for CanTeen
- Becoming a volunteer for CanTeen
- Bequeathing part or whole of your property to CanTeen