Who we are
The Day of Difference Foundation Limited is a not for profit charity organisation that was established in the year 2004. This Foundation came into existence through the ideology of Sophie’s parents who had endured a very torrid time in their lives. Their daughter was aged two (2) years old and in pre-school day care centre when she was involved in a very serious accident. Even though, she was seriously injured, supportive services from the people living within the community helped nurse her back to good health. However, this was at the cost of having lost her legs, some fingers and some other body parts. Barely two (2) years after living the Westmead Children’s Hospital and being escorted by her caretaker, little Sophie was for the second time in her life hit by a car but this time the injuries were so fatal that the whole country became saddened by what happened.
The Foundation was therefore established to help provide support services to children who are involved in various kinds of accidents which are very serious and also to their families.
What is the vision of the Day of Difference Foundation Ltd?
The vision of the Day of Difference Foundation Ltd is to see to it that the total number of children who are fatally injured on a daily basis is drastically reduced to its barest minimum in the community.
What is the mission of the Day of Difference Foundation Ltd?
It is the mission of the Day of Difference Foundation Ltd to provide supportive services aimed at reducing the number of children who are fatally injured and their family members.
What are the values of the Day of Difference Foundation Ltd?
- Safe environment
- Unqualified assistance to all
- Equal life opportunities
What services are provided by the Day of Difference Foundation Ltd?
The Day of Difference Foundation Ltd provides the following essential services;
- The provision of support to institutions tasked with conducting various in-depth researches into the causes of childhood injuries and finding lasting solutions to those causes.
- Financial support services to each and every family that has a child seriously injured.
- Advocacy services aimed at helping to create awareness about the need to protect the young children from such fatal injuries.
- The provision of support to medical institutions with the aim of helping them to be better equipped with the facilities and equipments needed in order to cater for the needs of those children who unfortunately get injured on a daily basis.
These are the main services that are provided by the Day of Difference Foundation Ltd.
How can you get involved with the Day of Difference Foundation Ltd?
The following ways can be used by people who wish to support the Day of Difference Foundation Ltd;
- Make a donation to the Foundation
- Participate in the fundraising events organised by the Foundation
- Purchase a teddy bear for a child
- Fundraise for the Foundation
- Become a corporate sponsor of the Foundation