Who we are
DEBRA Australia is a charity organisation that has been in existence for some years now. It is tasked with providing well researched and medically proven support services to children suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa and their families.
Epidermolysis Bullosa is a medical condition in children which brings about the peeling off of the skin with the slightest of touches. This leaves those suffering from the disease with excruciating pains similar to that of having hot water poured on you. As a result of this condition, children suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa are always bandaged in order to prevent the peeling off of their skin.
What is the vision of the DEBRA Australia?
The vision of DEBRA Australia is to provide funds for the conducting of researches so that a permanent treatment can be found for the medical condition known as Epidermolysis Bullosa whilst presently providing the necessary support services to such individuals and their families.
What is the mission of DEBRA Australia?
It is the mission of DEBRA Australia to see to it that each and every individual suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa is provided with the appropriate support services along with their families in order to ease the pains that they have been experiencing.
What are the values of DEBRA Australia?
- The DEBRA Australia values the use of total commitment by all in the provision of support services to people suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa.
- It also values the rendering of unlimited supportive services to each and every individual along with those who help in taking care of them.
What are the services provided by DEBRA Australia?
The association provides a number of unique services that are targeted at three major groups of people. These groups of people are;
- The people suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa
- The family members of those suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa
- The health professionals who provide medical assistance to them
These three groups are the main recipients of the various services that are rendered by the DEBRA Australia.
Services for people suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa
- The provision of the national Epidermolysis Bullosa Dressing Scheme
- The provision of the Epidermolysis Bullosa Nursing Program
- The provision of the home-based Epidermolysis Bullosa Nursing Program
Services for family members
- The provision of financial assistance to families
- The provision of events aimed at creating a lasting relationship between families of people suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa
- The provision of other informative materials and resources
Services for the health professionals
- The provision of the Epidermolysis Bullosa Health Professionals Day
- The provision of neo-natal Epidermolysis Bullosa care services
- Aside these services, DEBRA Australia also funds the carrying out of a variety of researches aimed at finding lasting solutions to such a medical condition.
How can you help DEBRA Australia?
- Create awareness about the EB medical condition
- Make a donation to the association
- Take active part in the fundraising events organised by DEBRA Australia
- Purchase lottery tickets for the DEBRA Australia Art Union
- Leave a bequest for the association