Who we are
Gateways Support Services is an organisation that was formed eleven (11) years ago with the sole aim of caring for individuals with disabilities in the communities and also supporting their families as they go through those trying periods of life.
What is the mission of Gateways Support Services?
Gateways Support Services have a very simply but broad mission and that is;
- To help with the creation of a society where each and every disabled individual is given the much needed supportive services that will help to make such a person to live a fulfilling life realising all his or her hidden abilities and being accepted wholesomely by the community within which he or she lives.
What is the vision of Gateways Support Services?
The organisation also has certain things which it seeks to achieve and these are;
- To ensure that each and every individual who is disabled or as other special needs is given the chance to live in a community where they are cherished, adored and accepted regardless of how unique they are.
- To also see to it that people within the communities are well and properly educated in order to better understand the plight of those who are disabled so as to support them in any way possible.
- To also make sure that Gateways Support Services becomes an integral part in the provision of vital support services to each and every disabled individual within the community.
What is it that Gateways Support Services value?
The organisation has a set of values that it cherishes very much and these include the following;
- To be committed and cooperate with people in order to better assist such people who are disabled in the community.
- To provide equal opportunities for each and every individual within the community who has any form of disability.
- To be respectful of each and every individual regardless of his or her condition as also to be a reliable organisation in the provision of support to the disabled.
- To empathise with each and every person who has any form of disability and to also see to it that professionalism is always used in dealing with those people.
These are the main things that the Gateways Support Services Charity Organisation deems very important in its bid to see to it that both children and adults who have been identified with any kind of disability are better supported to make their lives more complete.
What are the services provided by the Gateways Support Services?
There are a number of services that the organisation provides for each and every disabled individual in the community and their families. These services have been grouped into three (3) main parts and they are;
Services provided for children in their early years
These are services that are rendered to children who have not yet started schooling and it includes the provision of the following vital support services listed below;
- The provision of respite services for family members of the individual who is disabled
- The provision of supportive services for children who have any form of disability which is aimed at preventing the condition worsening
- The provision of supportive services for the families of those children with disabilities
- The provision of services that help to create an inclusive environment for such children
Services for children in who have attained the school-going age
These are also services that are aimed at making a telling and positive impact in the lives of each and every child who has any form of disability and has also attained the age of going to school. The services under this category include the following;
- The provision of therapeutic services for the child with special needs
- The provision of respite services
- The provision of recreational activities for the children
- The provision of out of home care services
- The provision of supportive services for the families of such children
These services are all provided for each and every child who is disabled and has started with schooling.
Services for those who have reached adulthood
This is also the provision of various services that are aimed at adults who are disabled in order to make their lives more complete and it includes services like;
- The provision of individualised supportive services for the person involved and his or her family
- The provision of engaging community events which bring all members of the community together
- The provision of accommodation services
- The provision of supportive services that are aimed at helping to find better living and working environments for those who are disabled
How you can help Gateways Support Services
The following are the ways through which you can also help the organisation;
- Become a volunteer
- Make a donation
- Leave a bequest
- Fundraise for the organisation
- Go into a partnership with the organisation
- Make a corporate donation
By using any of these avenues created, you will be in a better position to help the Gateways Support Services to keep on supporting individuals who have any form of disability in the community.