Who we are
Giant Steps Sydney is an educational institution that has been in existence for the past 20 years. It was officially opened in July 1995 and has since that time been providing a variety of quality educational services to children who are suffering from autism. The main aim of establishing this institution was to see to it that children with autism disorders were provided with the appropriate supportive and educational services.
Presently, the Giant Steps Sydney has undergone massive transformational developments to the extent that it now provides a variety of high quality services to both children suffering from autism and their parents or those who help take care of them.
What is the vision of the Giant Steps Sydney?
It is the vision of the Giant Steps Sydney to see to it that each and every child suffering from autism and his or her family gets provided with all the support that they need.
What is the mission of the Giant Steps Sydney?
It is the mission of the Giant Steps Sydney to help provide high quality therapy and educative services to children with autism and their families who live in the community.
What are the values of the Giant Steps Sydney?
The Giant Steps Sydney uses the following values to guide the various activities that it performs;
- To be recognised as the best when it comes to caring for children with autism
- To seek for the opinions of others with regards to catering for individuals with autism
- To develop an enthusiastic group of professionals
- To develop an inspirational work ethic
- To collaborate with others in taking care of individuals with autism
- To develop a unified community
What are the services provided by the Giant Steps Sydney?
The Giant Steps Sydney since its inception has been providing so many high quality services to individuals with autism and their families. Below are some of the services that are rendered to the people in the community;
- The provision of supportive services for children who are less than 5 years old (Playsteps)
- The provision of supportive services for pre-school children which is also referred to as the Early Learning Service
- The provision of an educational institution tasked with providing quality educational services to children with autism
- The provision of centres for the conducting of various diagnostic tests
- The provision of therapies with regards to the choosing a suitable occupation
- The provision of a speech therapeutic service
- These are just some of the services that the Giant Steps Sydney has been providing for people suffering from autism and their families.
How can you support the Giant Steps Sydney?
There are various ways through which support can be rendered to the Giant Steps Sydney and they include the following;
- Take active part in any of the programs that are organised by the Giant Steps Sydney with the aim of helping to raise funds. These events are organised from time to time on a yearly basis.
- You can also become a supporter of the Giant Steps Sydney and provide sponsorship for any of the events that it organises.