Who we are
The Gong Shi Project is an initiative that came into existence in the year 2005. It was initiated by a couple named Paul and Helen who had adopted children from the Qinzhou Social Welfare Institute. It was found out that Helen could be of immense support by helping to train the staff who were working with the Institute. This was due to the fact that Helen was an expert in the area of psychology. It was therefore agreed that she would help with providing the staff of the Qinzhou Social Welfare Institute with the much needed training so that they would be better equipped to provide for the needs of all those children in their care.
What is the vision of the Gong Shi Project?
The vision of the Gong Shi Project is to see to it that quality professional training services are offered to the staff of the Qinzhou Social Welfare Institute.
What is the mission of the Gong Shi Project?
The mission of the Gong Shi Project is to help provide orphanages with staff that are professionally trained and know what they are doing.
What does the Gong Shi Project Value?
The Gong Shi Project values the rendering of supportive services in orphanages by professionally trained staff.
What are the main reasons for the establishing of the Gong Shi Project?
The Gong Shi Project seeks to help achieve the following targets;
- The provision of professional services aimed at helping to equip people who work with children who have been traumatised or lost some one dear to them in the orphanages.
- The provision of professional services aimed at helping equip some specific group of staff with the necessary skills that are needed in order to see to the training of others who work with children in the orphanages.
- The provision of professional assistance that is continuous to each and every person working as a staff of an orphanage.
- To provide a training service that is professionally designed to suit the cultural needs of the particular place where such services are needed.
What are the achievements of the Gong Shi Project?
The Gong Shi Project since its inception has brought about a number of positive results and some of these include the following;
- The rendering of services to children in the orphanages that are of the highest quality
- An improvement in the general living conditions and mental health of all the children in the orphanage
- The boosting of morale of those who have been caring for such children in the orphanages
- The skills that were taught have also been transferred to new staff members by the old ones
How can you support the work that the Gong Shi Project has been doing?
The Gong Shi Project through the help of Helen has provided some ways through which the general public can also offer their support towards the work that it has been doing in the community for some time now. These ways include the following;
- To participate in any of the fundraising events of the organisation
- To subscribe to the newsletter of the organisation