Who we are
This is a charity organization that was formed to cater for the many needs of individuals with hearing disabilities. It uses the organising of workshops to mentor such people in order to help them go about their daily activities in a way that makes them independent.
Advantages of the Hear for You organization
The Hear for You charity organization provides a number of advantages to the person with the hearing disability, the family he or she comes from and even the community where he or she lives. Some of these advantages include;
To the person
- It helps to bring about an improvement in the belief that the person has in him or herself
- It helps to bring about an easier way of communicating with others
- It gives them the opportunity to make friends with other similar people
- It also allows them to have an avenue where they get to share their various life experiences
To the parents
- It provides them with supportive services aimed at making the lives of their children better
- It also provides parents with ways through which they can cater for the needs of their children
- It helps to eliminate the idea the children with hearing problems are disadvantaged. The organization rather makes parents see them as being very different from the other children
To the community
- The advantage that the Hear for You charity organization provides for the community includes helping to mould the lives of individuals with hearing problems which in turn makes them contribute their might to the development of the society in general.
Services provided by the Hear for You charity organization
The organization provides a number of services which are all aimed at making it easier for people with hearing impairments to be able to live fulfilled lives and some of these include;
The oral deaf and Auslan program
This is the provision of an oral and Auslan service to each and every hard of hearing individual in the community. This is a service that is being provided to the hard of hearing people in the community through the partnership agreement between the Hear for You Charity organization and the Western Australia Foundation for Deaf Children. This is a program that is tailored to fit the needs of each and every individual who has any hearing impairment and living in the community so that the daily life activities of such people will be made a whole lot easier. This program sees to the organising of various workshops for a period of time for these people who are regarded as being hard of hearing.
This is a program that allows people to sign up on the Hear for You website and participate in all the things that take place among their members.
Funding for the organization
The Hear for You Charity organization is mainly funded by funds that are generated from the very individuals who live in the communities and as such a number of strategic ways have been put in place to help provide an avenue which will allow the general public to also make contributions towards the continued provision of all services and assistance that the organization renders to people with hearing impairments. The main avenues include the following;
This involves the purchasing of various items from the online store of the Hear for You Charity organization. Purchasing such items from the online store of the organization helps in raising part of the funds that are used in providing the various workshops for people with hearing problems who are living the various communities.
Making a donation
This also involves the giving of gifts in the form of cash and material donations to the organization. Donations made to the organization usually take the following forms;
- Making the donations on a monthly basis
- Making the donations on a yearly basis
- Making a one-time donation
Whatever the donation method that an individual wishes to use, the organization sees to it that it gets to be used for exactly what it was meant to be used for and that is to provide support service for individuals who have hearing problems through the organising of workshops.
Fundraising for the organization
This is a way through which people are encouraged to organise events in their various communities and help raise funds to support the organization. It involves the seeking of the organization’s consent by an individual or a group of individuals who have decided to raise funds to support the organization through various strategically planned activities. This avenue allows people to undertake fun-filled activities whilst also raising money in aid of those who have hearing problems.
Sponsoring events of the organization
This goes for both individuals and corporate entities alike. This avenue gives them the chance to make a huge impact in the lives of people with hearing problems by agreeing to sponsor an event being organised by the Hear for You organization.
Another way is through the donations made by business entities with the aim of supporting people with hearing impairments.
Hear for You will always see to it that every person with a hearing problem is giving the best support to make him or her function efficiently in the society.