The International Diabetes Federation Life for a Child Program was formed in the year 2000. Since then, it has been providing support services for those children who are diabetic. Currently, it provides supportive services to about seventeen countries worldwide. This makes the IDF Life for a Child Program an internationally recognised charity organisation. This program was initiated due to the number of children who die every year as a result of diabetes especially those in the lesser developed countries where access to insulin is like asking for a free ride to the moon.
What is the vision of the IDF Life for a Child Program?
The vision of IDF Life for a Child Program is to see to it that people below the age of 25 years who have diabetes are provided with the necessary support that they need in order to live a very fulfilling life.
What is the mission of IDF Life for a Child Program?
The mission of IDF Life for a Child Program is to support people with diabetes to live a longer and well enhanced life regardless of their condition.
What is it that the IDF Life for a Child Program values?
The Program values the supporting of people with diabetes aged below 25 years to also make the best out of their lives.
What services are provided by the IDF Life for a Child Program?
The IDF Life for a Child Program provides some well planned services for people living with diabetes in all the 47 countries and some of these services include the following;
- The provision insulin to each and every diabetic patient under the age of 25 years
- The provision of scientific equipments that are used to monitor amount of glucose in the body of a patient
- The provision of quality medical services
- The provision of free testing to find out people who have diabetes
- The provision of educational materials and programs aimed at helping to get the general public well informed about diabetes and its effects
- The provision of supportive services for those experts who help with taking care of people who are diabetic
These are just some of the services that the International Diabetes Federation Life for a Child Program provides.
In what ways can you also support the IDF Life for a Child Program?
There are some well designed ways through which you can also support the IDF Life for a Child Program and they include;
- Make a donation to the IDF Life for a Child Program.
- Become a partner of the IDF Life for a Child Program.
- Organise your own fundraising events.
Take on the responsibility of organising a variety of events and activities in order to help raise funds for the Program. This is an avenue that has been used by a lot of interested community members in raising substantial amounts of money for the IDF Life for a Child Program. The IDF Life for a Child Program gives you the opportunity to use your own creativity in designing the events that you want to use.