Who we are
Learning Links is a charity organisation that became officially functional in the year 1972. It came into existence as a result of some families deciding to pull resources together in order to make sure that their children who were with some disabilities got provided with the appropriate and quality educational services. This was after they came to the realisation that the kind of educational services being provided for their children were not enough to help bring out the best in them and so they took it upon themselves to see to it that their children got provided with the right form of education. This noble idea has now grown into a very big charity organisation which is tasked with making sure that children who find it difficult to learn as a result of any kind of physical or mental disability are provided with appropriate support services.
What is the vision of Learning Links?
The vision is to support each and every child with a learning difficulty to attain his or her best on the educational ladder.
What is the mission of Learning Links?
The mission of Learning Links is to provide supportive education services to all children in Queensland.
What are the values of Learning Links?
Learning Links has the following as its values;
- Quality educational services
- Child-centred approach of teaching
- Total commitment from both teachers and parents
- Inclusive educational and community environment
- Equal opportunities
What services are provided by Learning Links?
Learning Links provides quality educational supportive services and they include;
- The provision of support services for pre-school children who are under the age of six years
- The provision of educational support services for children who have started formal schooling and aged above six years old
- The provision of assistive services for each and every person who is tasked with taking care of such children with learning difficulties including parents and care-takers
- The provision of supportive services to the experts tasked with educating such children with learning difficulties in the community
- The provision of supportive services aimed at equipping the various schools with the necessary knowledge, skills and equipments needed in educating children with learning difficulties
- The provision of vital support services to children with learning disabilities during the times when they have closed from school
Learning Links provides its educational support services to each of this group of people in order to ensure that children who find it very hard to learn gets provided with all that they need in order to make a positive impact academically.
How to get involved with Learning Links?
Learning Links has since its formation been providing professional support services to children with learning disabilities and these has been mainly due to the support that it gets from the people living in the communities.
Below are some of the ways to get involved with Learning Links;
- Participating in the fundraising events organised by Learning Links
- Organising your own fundraising events
- Corporate sponsorship
- Leaving of bequests
- Become an employee of Learning Links