Who we are
The Mater Foundation is an association that has been established with the sole objective of helping to serve as a linkage between the individuals and corporate entities in the various communities and the Mater Hospitals throughout Australia. The first Mater Hospital was inaugurated in the year 1902 to see to the provision of vital support services to people who have any kind of chronic sickness. The Mater Foundation therefore serves as a fundraising and awareness creating organisation which seeks to provide the much needed support for each of the Mater Hospitals and Healthcare facilities throughout Australia.
What is the vision of the Mater Foundation?
The vision of the Mater Foundation is to provide adequate financial assistance to ensure that quality medical services are provided to people who are seriously sick in the various communities.
What is the mission of the Mater Foundation?
The mission of the Mater Foundation is to see to it that caring medical services are rendered for all through the provision of financial support to those health institutions involved with taking care of such people.
What are the values of the Mater Foundation?
The Mater Foundation is an association that is guided by the following values;
- Quality support services
What are the services provided by the Mater Foundation?
The Mater Foundation provides a number of unique and well crafted services for people who are seriously sick in order to see to it that such people are nursed back to their health. These services include the following;
- The provision of educational services aimed at helping to improve the competence of people who pass out to offer medical services to the sick in the community.
- The provision of training programs aimed at helping to build the capacities of those professionals who have been taking care of the sick.
- The undertaking of a variety of researches aimed at helping to find better and lasting solutions to each of the sicknesses that affect the people.
- The provision of financial assistance to the Mater Hospitals and Healthcare facilities aimed at helping them to acquire the necessary equipments that are needed in caring for those who are seriously sick. This service also sees to it that essential funds are provided for the performance of other necessary services by the Mater Hospitals.
In general, the main goal of the Mater Foundation is to make sure that quality supportive medical services are provided to those who seriously need them and this it does by creating awareness in the various communities and raising funds to support the Mater Hospitals.
Ways to get involved with the Mater Foundation
You or your company can use any of the following ways in order to contribute to the Mater Foundation towards the services that it has been rendering;
- Donate to the Foundation
- Leave a bequest
- Participate in any of the periodic fundraising activities or programs
- Organise your own fundraising program
- Participate in the Foundation’s lotteries
- Purchase any of the Mater Foundation’s goods
- Become a volunteer