The MS Limited Edition Art Union is a one of the fundraising systems put in place by the Multiple Sclerosis Society to help raise enough funds for all of its activities for people living with multiple sclerosis.
This society has been in existence for fifty (50) years now and has always rendered unqualified support services to each and everyone living with the multiple sclerosis disease. The multiple sclerosis disease is a disease that is mostly diagnosed in people between the ages of 20 years to 40 years. This is a disease that has defied all scientific researches as it has no causative agent and as at now there has been any medication that is known to treat multiple sclerosis.
This is why MS Society has kept on working tirelessly to see to it that the necessary researches are carried out in order to come out with a lasting treatment to the multiple sclerosis disease. The most alarming thing about the multiple sclerosis disease is that with the passing of each day, about 5 people hailing from only Australia are diagnosed with it. You can therefore imagine the total number of people who will be diagnosed with the disease worldwide.
It is the vision of MS Limited Edition to see to it that all those diagnosed with multiple sclerosis disease are provided the much needed medical, physical and emotional care that they need in order to ensure that they also get the chance to live their lives to its fullest
- To see to it that very advanced researches are conducted to find a lasting solution to the multiple sclerosis disease
- To also give each and everyone living with multiple sclerosis their best shot at living a very normal life
- It is the hope of everyone at MS Society of Queensland to find the cause of the neurological disease known as multiple sclerosis
How does the MS Society of Queensland hope to achieve such goals?
- The MS Society of Queensland in its bid to achieve the above stated goals has gone into partnership with MS Australia and MS Research Australia (MRSA). These are the three bodies that are working hand-in-hand currently to find the causes of the multiple sclerosis disease and also find a permanent cure for all who have been diagnosed as having the multiple sclerosis disease.
- The money gotten from all the fundraising activities are what MS Society of Queensland uses in seeing to it that people with multiple sclerosis disease get all the much needed support services that will guarantee these people a shot at living a normal life free from any discriminations or challenges.
The MS Society has been able to run all its charitable activities relating to those living with multiple sclerosis through certain fundraising activities. These fundraising activities include the following;
The MS Limited Edition Art Union
This is a lottery draw that is held throughout the year where MS Limited Edition Art Union lottery tickets are sold to the general public. The money gathered from the sale of lottery tickets are mostly used to support the charitable activities that are carried out by the MS Society. Purchasing a lottery ticket from MS Limited Edition Art Union ensures that you do your part in caring for people who have been diagnosed with the multiple sclerosis disease. It also presents you with the chance to win any of the available prizes on offer including the ultimate Mercedes-Benz E400 Coupe. So with every ticket purchased, you get the chance to serve two important causes - helping someone with multiple sclerosis and standing the chance to win a prize in return for just $50.
The multiple sclerosis disease should not be allowed to control the lives of those that it affects and so the MS Society of Queensland reaches out to all, who may be touched by the plight of people who are diagnosed with the disease, to either donate in cash or in kind towards a life saving cause.
Services provided by MS Limited Edition Art Union
- Provision of home support
- Provision of physiotherapy
- Provision of hydrotherapy
- Provision of information
- Provision of counselling services
- Provision of advice
- Provision of accommodation
- Provision of respite
These services are all provided to each and everyone believed to have been diagnosed with the multiple sclerosis disease so as to help them live their normal lives pride and independence without any undue stigmatization or discrimination from any individual or group of individuals.
Aside the MS Limited Edition Art Union system of raising funds to financially support the MS Society's charity organization, there are other very important ways through which funds are also raised to support all people living with the multiple sclerosis disease. These are;
- Donations from generous individuals
- Donations from businesses or corporate entities
- Fundraising events like
- Corporate partnerships with businesses
- Collections from donation boxes placed at vantage points within organizations among others
The MS Society of Queensland is mainly ran with the revenue that it gets from the sales of the MS Limited Edition Art Union lottery tickets and other very important donations from individuals and/or groups of individuals in order to provide those living with MS with very vital services.
With MS Society Queensland, every life is as important as any other and therefore they should be all protected and catered for in times of need.