Who we are
The PKU Association of New South Wales Inc was established to help provide useful and essential support services to children who have Phenylketonuria in any of the communities all over Australia. In the year 2008, an art competition was organised, one special art piece was picked to be used by the PKU Association of NSW Inc and it was called ‘Phen’ the platypus. It was selected due to the uniqueness of that animal which was related to how special and unique those children with PKU are.
What is the vision of the PKU Association of NSW Inc?
The Association seeks to help create a society where children with PKU get to live a very satisfying and normal life without any interference from the negative health conditions associated with PKU.
What is the mission of the PKU Association of NSW Inc?
The PKU Association of NSW Inc has the following as its mission statements;
- To provide and assist people with PKU and the members of their family with all the needed supportive services
- To ensure that people who have PKU and their carers get into contact with the appropriate professionals who can offer them the best treatment options
- To provide financial assistance for the undertaking of researches by institutions into finding lasting solutions for those with PKU
- To seek for support from the governmental institutions so as to continue with the provision of its services to more people
What does the PKU Association of NSW Inc value?
The Association values the creation of an inclusive society where all individuals living with PKU are treated with respect and dignity and also provided with all the support that they and their families may need to ensure they realise their maximum potentials in life.
What services does the PKU Association of NSW Inc provide?
The PKU Association of NSW Inc provides a number of services that are well planned to ensure that the specific needs of people with PKU and their families are completely and appropriately met. These services include;
- The provision of useful pieces of information for those with PKU
- This includes the development of a PKU Calculator App which is can be easily used by people with PKU anywhere and at anytime.
- This service also involves the provision of suggested appropriate foods that are very essential to the proper functioning of an individual with PKU in the community.
- The provision of useful services aimed at helping children with PKU to start school in the most appropriate and efficient way.
All these services are rendered with the singular aim of helping to ensure that people with PKU and their families live a life that is free from all worries.
How to support the PKU Association of NSW Inc
The PKU Association of NSW Inc has provided the following avenues to allow the public to also get involved and support it with the rendering of its services;
- Make a donation
- Organise fundraising events on your own
- Participate in the yearly events organised by the PKU Association
- Become a member of PKU Association