Who we are
The Stones Corner Community Kindergarten Inc is an educational institution affiliated to the C&K and tasked with providing a variety of well researched services that are aimed at helping to get children properly and adequately prepared to enter the world of formal school life. The Kindergarten has been in existence since the year 1964 and therefore has been providing its unique services to pre-schoolers for 51 years now.
The vision of the Stones Corner Community Kindergarten Inc is to help prepare the children well at those early stages so that they can be introduced into the world of formal learning effortlessly.
The mission of the Kindergarten is to see to it that each child gets the right educational support services that will put them in a better position to learn well when they start formal schooling.
The Kindergarten values the nurturing of children at their early life stages so that their educational foundation will be better laid for future studies.
Identifying children when they are very young and providing them with all the requisite services aimed at helping to get them ready for future learning tasks has been realised as the best way that children can be introduced into the formal educational system. When an individual has a very solid learning base, he or she is able to build upon it and reach his or her full potentials. This is why the Stones Corner Community Kindergarten Inc does everything possible to get these children early enough and prepare them well for a life of education.
What does the school provide?
- The Stones Corner Community Kindergarten has a very serene environment that allows children to study without being distracted by any outside element.
- The Kindergarten also has an array of the best professionally trained Kindergarten instructors who make use of the interactive and child centred approach of educating pre-school children. Such a method of teaching makes use of a variety of playful activities to get all pupils to actively participate in what they are learning.
- It also has all the latest educational resources needed to ensure that children at that early stage learn in the best way.
- The curriculum that is used at the Kindergarten is also based on the Early Years Learning Framework for Australians by the Australian Government.
- The Stones Corner Community Kindergarten also has links with some agencies and institutions that are mainly concerned with the proper health of children. This ensures that all children who get to attend the Stones Corner Community Kindergarten are provided with the best services that guarantees their safety at all times.
- The Stones Corner Community Kindergarten also sees to it that a very inclusive educational environment is created in order to ensure that the children learn peacefully. This it does by the inclusion of parents and the entire community, teachers and other staff members together with the children in the strive towards helping to develop students who have a very strong educational foundation upon which further studies can be built.