Who we are
The Trevor Barker Foundation (Challenge Cancer Support Network) is a Foundation that was established in the year 1983. It was then just a service that was being rendered by the Red Cross Society in Australia. In the year 1990, it had grown into a very reputable association that rendered a variety of services for children who had been diagnosed with cancer and their families. The year 1995 marked the beginning of the organisation as a stand-alone not for profit charity organisation concerned with the rendering of vital support services to children who have been diagnosed with cancer and their families.
What is the mission of the Trevor Barker Foundation?
The Trevor Barker Foundation is to see to it that each and every child suffering from any type of cancer and his or her family are provided with essential services that are individualised to suit the specific needs of each child.
What are the values of the Trevor Barker Foundation?
The following are the values that are cherished by the Trevor Barker Foundation;
- To be seen as very special
- Focusing on developing a unified family unit
- Delivering of all promises
- Continuous support
- Innovation inclusiveness
These are the main values that the Foundation cherishes and does everything possible to make sure that the day-to-day activities of the Foundation are governed by them.
What services are provided by the Trevor Barker Foundation?
The Trevor Barker Foundation provides a number of essential and supportive services to each and every child suffering from cancer and his or her family and they include;
- The provision of camping services
- The organisation of various interactive events and activities
- The provision of accommodation facilities for those on break from their work engagements
- The provision of supportive services for those children in their various homes
- The provision of supportive services for those children in the Hospitals
- The provision of counselling services for parents of children living with cancer
- The provision of bereavement support services for those families that might have lost a child to cancer
- The provision of financial assistance to bright children
- The organisation of the Teen Night Program which aims to provide children with cancer and their siblings the chance to also mingle with others going through similar conditions
- The provision of a Ticketing Program which allows children who have been diagnosed with cancer the chance to also be present at certain exciting and entertaining events
These services are all rendered to children who have cancer and their families by the Trevor Barker Foundation to ensure that they all get to live a life that is free from all problems that comes with their cancer status.
How can you get involved with the Trevor Barker Foundation?
The following are the unique ways through which you can also get involved with the services that the Foundation renders to children living with cancer and their families in the community;
- Donating to the Foundation
- Purchasing any of the goods sold by the Foundation
- Leave a bequest