Windermere Child and Family Services is a charity organisation that was established more than 150 years ago. It was solely established to see to it that the total wellbeing of each and every member of the society was adequately met and catered for. It is recognised as one of the biggest non-governmental organisations tasking itself with the work of providing for the daily needs of over 1.5 million people.
What we do
Windermere Child and Family Services is an organisation that is mainly concerned with the total development of the individual to ensure that he or she grows to realise his or her true capabilities. This involves the provision of services that caters for the physical, emotional, psychological, mental, social and spiritual needs of each and every individual within the catchment area of the Organisation. This simply means that the general growth of the individual is what the organisation seeks to enhance through the services that it has been rendering.
What is the vision of the organisation?
It is the vision of the organisation to see to it that the society and the people living within are empowered in the best possible way that will help them to realise their maximum capabilities.
What is the mission of the organisation?
The main mission of the organisation is to see to it that the various intervention services and programs are provided for individuals at a very early stage in their lives so as to ensure that their individual problems are corrected. This will help to ensure that such problems do not become chronic before solutions are sought for.
What does the organisation value?
The organisation values the creation of a society where each and every individual is given equal treatment with regards to everything that happens in the community and to also have a society that cherishes the inclusive nature of doing things and being fair to all people regardless of their cultural, religious or financial standing.
What are the services that the organisation provides?
A number of high quality services are provided by the organisation and they include the following;
- The provision of emotional supportive services which are given to those who might be going through certain periods that emotionally wears them down. These services are given to such people to help them regain the confidence that they have in themselves in order to carry on with their lives in a positive way.
- The provision of counselling services which are given to those who might be facing a number of situations which requires an individual to make a well calculated decision. This is given in order to put the individual in the right frame of mind to make the best decision for him or herself.
- The provision of therapy services which are given to those who are either sick or have any form of disability with the view of helping such people to live a life free from such deficiencies.
- The provision of services geared towards advocating for the rights of each and every individual in the community and the need to ensure that each and every person gets supported and treated in way that uses fairness and equality.
- The provision of educational services which are given to those who are less privileged in terms of acquiring the much needed knowledge and skills in a formal setting. This service is mainly given to support such individuals to also get the chance to realise the true potentials in the field of education.
- The provision of community groups which are for each and every member of the community with the main objective of helping to create a community that is unified. This service allows community members to participate in various events that help them to develop their relationship with other people within the community and this goes a long way to ensure that they accept and respect each and every person.
These are just a few of the services that the Organisation provides for the individual, family and the community at large. These services are aimed at addressing the different problems that an individual is bound to encounter in the course of his or her development.
How to involve yourself with the Windermere Child and Family Services
The following are the ways through which an individual within the community can also make an impact in the lives of people who go through all sorts of problems;
- Making of a donation to the Windermere Child and Family Services
- Entering into a partnership with the Organisation
- Volunteering to undertake activities free of charge for the organisation
- Participating in any of the various events that are organised by Windermere Child and Family Services
- Accepting to work with the Windermere Child and Family Services among others
Through these ways, you can also make your voice heard in the lives of those who are faced with any kind of problem that is related to the development of an individual.