Who we are
The Women’s Legal Services Inc is an association that was became officially operational in the year 1984. This association was established to see to it that women living within the borders of Queensland were provided with the same legal treatments that their male counterparts get from the state. This was due to the fact that there were a lot of women in Queensland who had had their rights trampled upon in the various communities. Such women, it was realised, were not given any fair treatment whenever they decide to seek for the intervention of the state institutions and as such the Women’s Legal Services Inc was formed to see to it that women were treated with a lot of fairness and their rights also protected.
What is the vision of the Women’s Legal Services Inc?
The vision of the Women’s Legal Services Inc is to help build a Queensland community where women are treated equally as their male counterparts in the presence of the laws of the land.
What is the mission of the Women’s Legal Services Inc?
The mission of the Women’s Legal Services Inc is to advocate and fight for the right of each and every woman in Queensland so that they can also realise their dreams.
What are the values of the Women’s Legal Services Inc?
The following are valued by the Women’s Legal Services Inc;
- Equality of both men and women before the law
- Fair and just treatment of women
- Eradication of domestic violence and abuse against women in the community
What are the services that are provided by the Women’s Legal Services Inc?
The Women’s Legal Services Inc provides a number of supportive services to each and every woman in Queensland to ensure that they are treated fairly and just by all. Some of these services include the following;
- The provision of guidance and counselling services for those women who have been domestically abused or violated.
- The provision of support as to how to access financial aid to cater for the services of a legal practitioner in order to battle a domestic violence case in the law court.
- The provision of educative programs aimed at helping to create awareness about the need for women to be treated fairly by all in the community.
- The provision of telephone numbers which can be used to access legal counsel on domestic violence acts without paying any fee.
- The provision of numbers the render legal support services to people living in various places within Queensland.
- The provision of resources that are used in ensuring that women are not subjected to domestic violence acts and how to tackle such a situation when it happens.
These are just some of the many services that are rendered by the Women’s Legal Services Inc.
How can you get involved with the work that the Women’s Legal Services Inc does?
- Make a donation to the association
- Provide sponsorship for the association
- Participate in the fundraising and awareness creation campaigns of the association
- Become a volunteer for the association