Whether you’re a city person who likes to visit the beach or a beach person who enjoys the occasional urban adventure, you’re in for a treat with this draw from yourtown. On offer is your choice of a trendy heritage home in Sydney’s Newtown neighbourhood or an apartment on the beach in Bilinga. Both first prize packages are worth $1.6 million, and the Gold Coast option comes with an additional $350,000 in gold bullion. Do you know which one you’d pick?
What is your chance of winning?
yourtown are limited to selling 380,000 tickets, in draw 486. What is your chance of winning this beautiful home?
You have a 1: chance of winning!Buy tickets now
Either way, the winner of draw 486 is going to have to make a life-changing decision, so why not get in on the draw if you can see yourself in either luxurious residence. Only 380,000 tickets are available in this draw and yourtown lotteries are always among the most popular. Be sure to get your ticket book early and start thinking about where you’d like to call home.
Living in Newtown
The home in Newtown was established in 1900 when the area was undergoing rapid growth and farmland was being subdivided for new terrace housing. The area was a solid working-class neighbourhood mostly occupied by tradespeople and shopkeepers. Brown Street was one of the few to have more stylish single-level homes as most of the new housing was of the two-up two-down variety.
After a complete remodeling in 2018, the prize home retains its historic charm while showing off a host of modern design features. The addition of an upstairs master bedroom with an ensuite provides extra space for the roomy living area on the main floor. By removing the walls that traditionally made these homes appear cramped, the architects have created a light-filled central living area that encompasses a gourmet kitchen, dining area and comfortable lounge. From the entryway off the front veranda, two well proportioned bedrooms are accessed at level. A small set of stairs then leads down to the living area while another one climbs to the master suite. There’s also a full bath on the main floor with both a soaking tub and walk-in shower.
In addition to the veranda that looks out over the pocket front garden, the home also features a private courtyard in the rear. Enjoy a BBQ on the alfresco with plenty of room for entertaining under the stars. Throw in a $70K+ furnishings and electricals package and you’ll find this inner-city gem very hard to resist. Minutes from the shops, restaurants, pubs, galleries and theatres of King Street.
Features of 37 Brown Street, Newtown NSW 2042
Old world elegance meets contemporary styling in a home that’s the last word in urban chic.
- First prize package valued at $1,695,293
- The home was established in 1900 (redesigned in 2018) and is valued at $1,600,000
- Total area of 140 square metres of classic beauty on a 126 square metre lot
- Open-plan living and dining area is flooded with natural light and has gleaming timbered floors
- Bistro kitchen has a central island with seating, low profile appliances and multiple cupboards
- Loft master bedroom has an ensuite with a walk-in shower
- Two bedrooms on the main level share a full bath with a deep soaking tub and a walk-in shower
- Wide front veranda with casual seating fronted by a landscaped garden
- Private rear courtyard and alfresco
- Rolling door at the rear of the property allows entry for a vehicle if parking is required
- Furniture and electricals package valued at $78,882
- Council and water rates paid for the first 12 months, valued at $2,683
- Building and contents insurance paid for the first 12 months, valued at $1,232
- All transfer fees are included
Living in Bilinga
If you’re looking for absolute beachfront living on the Gold Coast, the second option in draw 486 has you covered. It’s an opulent three-bedroom apartment that looks directly onto the gorgeous white sands of Kirra beach.
The first thing you’ll notice when you step through the entry is how incredibly spacious this home feels. The main living area includes a full dining table, a lounge with a large flat-screen television, a reading nook, and a fully equipped chef’s kitchen in a layout that’s bright and uncluttered. The master bedroom faces the ocean and accesses the courtyard with its view of the beach while the other two bedrooms give onto the alfresco. The master and one guest bedroom have ensuites and there’s a full bathroom plus a powder room in the center of the home.
A tiled terrace runs the length of the apartment and connects the courtyard with the back patio, giving you a generous amount of outdoor living space. You’ll also be able to enjoy your own pool, raised above the seating area on the alfresco. The entire home has been styled in soft hues with warm timber and rattan accents, giving you the perfect beachfront ambiance that includes the luxurious touches you’d expect in a million-dollar home. This option also comes with a whopping $350,000 in gold bullion and since you’re minutes from the Gold Coast Airport, you could even jet in and out of your new holiday home on the beach.
Features of 1/174 Pacific Parade, Bilinga QLD 4225
This is a new build in a community that’s ideally located within easy reach of all the Gold Coast attractions.
- First prize package valued at $1,695,293
- Includes $350,000 in gold bullion
- The home was established in 2018 and is valued at $1,225,000
- Total of 328 square metres of ultimate beachfront living
- Adjacent to the Gold Coast Airport and within half an hour of Surfers Paradise
- Integrated central living area with a dining table that seats six
- Wonderful kitchen for entertaining with a whole range of top-end appliances
- Master bedroom faces the beach and has access to the courtyard, a walk-through robe, and an ensuite with twin sinks, walk-in shower and soaking tub
- Second bedroom has an ensuite and access to the alfresco
- Third bedroom is adjacent to the full bathroom and powder room
- Ocean-facing courtyard has seating and views over the beach
- Rear terrace has comfortable seating, sun lounger, and a raised swimming pool
- Separate laundry room
- Furniture and electricals package valued at $71,901
- Includes a $25,000 Flight Centre Voucher
- Includes a $1,000 Woolworths WISH Gift Card
- Council and water rates are paid for the first 12 months, valued at $3,594
- Body Corporate fees paid for the first 12 months, valued at $3,587
- All transfer fees are included
Second and Third Prizes
The second prize is a $10,000 Flight Centre Voucher or Woolworths WISH Gift Card or Harvey Norman Gift Card.
The third prize is a $5,000 Flight Centre Voucher or Woolworths WISH Gift Card or Harvey Norman Gift Card.
Take Note of These Dates
The yourtown Prize Home Draw #486 closes on Wednesday 22 May 2019 at 10pm AEST. The draw will be held on Friday 24 May 2019 at 10am AEST at 5 Cordova Street, Milton QLD 4064.
Members of the public are welcome to attend.
Winners will be notified by registered mail and the results will also be published in The Australian on Tuesday 28 May 2019. A list of winners will be posted to this site following the conclusion of draw 486.
Open for Public Touring
If you want to take a closer look at one of these prize homes before deciding which one you’d take, you can drop by the home in Newtown if you happen to be in the Sydney area.
The prize home will be open from 10am to 4pm, Wednesday to Sunday, until the draw closes on 22 May 2019. Note that the residence will be closed for the Easter holiday on Friday April 19th and Anzac Day on Thursday April 25th.
The beautifully renovated historic home is located at 37 Brown Street, Newtown, NSW 2042.
Unfortunately, the prize home in Bilinga will not be open for public viewing prior to the draw. If you’re heading for the Gold Coast, you can always do a drive-by and take a quick look at 1/174 Pacific Parade, Bilinga QLD 4225.
Ticket Books for Draw 486 Now Available
Tickets in the yourtown home lottery are always in demand because only 380,000 are available for purchase.That means you’ll want to get your ticket book early to secure your chance at winning the $1.6 million grand prize. Ticket books are great value and they add gold bullion to the first prize package if you’re the lucky winner.
|Number of Tickets purchased||Price||Value of Additional Gold Bullion|
|1 Ticket||$15||As Described in 1st Prize Package|
|2 Tickets||$30||$20,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|3 Tickets||$45||$30,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|4 Tickets||$60||$40,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|6 Tickets||$90||$60,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|8 Tickets||$120||$80,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|10 Tickets||$150||$100,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|20 Tickets||$300||$200,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
Thank You for Your Support
Yourtown believes that every young person deserves a brighter future, and proceeds from your ticket purchases can help make it happen. Thank you for your continued support and best of luck in the upcoming draw.