This is a charity organisation that was established in the year 1962. It was established by a man and his wife by name Lionel Watts and Dorothy respectively. This was after the man got polio and became disabled after treatment. The organisation was formed to provide supportive services for people with various kinds of disabilities to also have a better shot at making their lives very enjoyable and very independent.
Values of the house with no steps charity organisation
The organisation values five main things and these are;
- The creation of an inclusive environment for all the disabled in the society
- The according of respect to people with disabilities
- Empowering individuals with disabilities to also become very independent
- Being committed to supporting each and every disabled individual in the society
- Helping each and every disabled individual to achieve his or her goals in life
These are the values of the organisation.
What is the mission of the organisation?
The mission of the House with No Steps Charity Organisation is to ensure that an environment is realised which provides each and every disabled individual with a lot of opportunities to put their skills to maximum use.
What is the vision of the organisation?
To create a society which uses the inclusive way of life and accords each and every disabled individual the respect that he or she deserves without any discriminations.
Who we are?
The House with No Steps Charity Organisation is an organisation that is ever prepared to change so as to fit perfectly into the current society of disability.
What are the services that the house with no steps charity organisation renders to people?
The organisation renders a number of quality disability services to each and every individual with a disability and living in the community. Some of these disability services are;
The provision of disability support services: This deal with the provision of services that are aimed at helping a disabled person to make the best of his or her life.
Provision of disability support services for children: This also deal with the provision of various disability support services which ensures that a child with any kind of disabled gets the chance to learn and grow up in a very positive way.
Provision of respite services: This is a service which is solely created for each and every individual who takes care of a disabled person. It is a way of giving such carers some time to also enjoy themselves free from the stress of having to cater for the needs of the disabled.
Provision of disability sport and recreational activities: This involves the organising of various sporting and recreational activities with the main aim of helping people with any kind of disability in the community to also have some fun by partaking in the various games that are organised. It gives them the opportunity to meet and interact with other people who also do have some form of disability.
Provision of self-help skills (community living): This is a program which seeks to provide each and every disabled person in the community with some skills that are necessary in ensuring that such a person can live a life that is free from any interference from other people in the community.
The provision of the “Your Life Your Choice Program”: This is a program that also seeks to make the particular disabled person an integral part of choosing what career path he or she wants to embark on. It helps to ensure that the person with a disability has a major say in things that concern his or her life.
These are the various services that the House with No Steps Charity Organisation provides for each and every member of the community who has any form of disability.
Resource centre of the organisation
The organisation also has a resource centre when it provides useful pieces of information to people with disabilities and their respective carers. Some of the things that can be obtained at the from the organisation includes;
- The NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)
- Statistics about disability
- Support from a carer and other essential resources
How you can support the House with No Steps Charity Organisation?
You can also support the organisation through the following ways;
- Making of an instant donation online
- Making of a donation that is deducted at the end of every month
- Making of donation at the workplace
- Going into a partnership with the organisation
- Helping to raise funds for the organisation through the organising of your own private fundraising events
- Leaving of a bequest
- Purchasing raffle tickets for the House with No Steps Raffle which provides you with the chance to also win something in return
- Becoming a volunteer in order to undertake a number of essential activities for the organisation
These are the ways through which you can also help the House with No Steps Charity Organisation.